about unabridged marriage certificates

Is your Marriage Certificate lost or damaged, are you emigrating, registering a foreign business, or applying for a spousal visa? You need an Unabridged Marriage Certificate.

Police Clear will help you avoid the frustration and hassle of Home Affairs by taking care of the application process for you.

We send you the relevant forms, you fill them in and email them back to us. We do the rest for you. We track your application and collect your certificate on your behalf, what could be simpler and more hassle free? Give us a call today.

what is an unabridged marriage certificate

When you get married in South Africa, you’ll be issued with a handwritten marriage certificate (BI-27) at no cost. You automatically receive an abridged marriage certificate once the Department of Home Affairs is notified by your marriage officer.

This document will contain both your personal details (such as full name and ID number) as well as the date of the marriage and will be issued on the same day that it’s applied for.

An Unabridged marriage certificate (also known as a full marriage certificate) is issued upon request to persons who were married in the Republic of South Africa and whose marriages were duly registered at the Department of Home Affairs.

This legal document contains more detailed information that’s sometimes required by government and financial institutions. This is the official certificate that’s required should you ever plan to travel extensively, emigrate, or obtain a foreign passport.


Get help with your Unabridged Marriage Certificate application

You can submit all the required travel documentation at your nearest department of Home Affairs branch or a South African mission, consulate, or embassy if you’re overseas, and pay the application fee. In order to apply for your unabridged marriage certificate, you will require the following documents:

  • A fully completed BI-130 form, dated, and signed by the applicant.
  • Certified copies of both your ID documents/Passports
  • A copy of your abridged marriage certificate is also required.

This process can take up to 24 weeks with the Department of Home Affairs, or you can expedite the process. Police Clear is an Independent Document facilitation company providing clients with expedited unabridged marriage certificate application services. We provide the following benefits to clients.

  • Get your unabridged marriage certificate in 4-8 weeks.

We will expedite the application process on your behalf, order and obtain your certificate in 4 to 8 weeks guaranteed. We collect your document the day that it is ready.

  • We do all of the hard work.

All applications and collections at Home Affairs have to be done in person. Our professional staff will take care of the entire process, from start to finish. We also take care of all communications with Home Affairs on your behalf should they require additional information.

  • Stress and hassle free

Police Clear will ensure within 4 to 8 weeks you will receive your unabridged marriage Certificate. What could be simpler? Get in touch with our team of experts today to learn more about our services and how we can help you obtain your legal documents. Call us on 021 462 8203 or fill in the contact from below.

How Can We Help You?

We are a Documentation Facilitation service provider that specialises in South African Police Clearance Certificates.

We also assist local and international clients with document attestation, legalisations, apostille of South African documents, and sworn translation services.

Contact Us Today!

Fill in the form and we will respond before the end of the business day.

We DO NOT offer jobs, nor can we assist you in procuring a job at the South African Police Services. We are NOT A POLICE STATION nor a DETECTIVE AGENCY.